• College course work in related field helpful.
• Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Computer experience required.
• Customer Services experience preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Presidian Standards, as required by scheduling, which will
vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform
• Comply with Presidian Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Greet and welcome all guests and staff approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Presidian standards.
• Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
• Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
• Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
• Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
• Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
• Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
• Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions.
• Be familiar with all in-house groups.
• Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
• Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
• Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
• Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
• Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
• Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
• Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
• Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
• Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
• Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
• Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
• Maintain a clean work area.